Thursday, October 20, 2011

A handmade Christmas, part 3.

Have you been following my black-apple-doll journey?

If you're just starting out, I've already made a doll for my son and one for my eldest daughter.

The last one is for my bitty baby.


I re-sized the martha stewart pattern yet again so she'd be a bit smaller than the others.  She is, after all, the little sister.


All in a row, with their arms around their brother...


With a bow in her hair, and a stuffed heart to cuddle...


I think that's the beauty of giving a handmade gift - you really do give a piece of your heart along with the gift. These dolls were truly a labor of love!  I hope they will enjoy their new dolls as much as I think they will...

Thank you for all of your sweet comments and encouragement.  I really feel empowered to try more sewing projects in the future :)

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet little doll. I'm sure your littlest doll will love her hand-sewn doll. What a thoughtful mom you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so pretty. a gift she'll treasure forever...cause momma made it for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena, these are beautiful! I'm happy to meet others who are just getting into sewing. I don't feel so alone. ;) Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dolls are so cute...love them! How fun to receive such a wonderful homemade gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what wonderful lifetime treausres you have created for your kids:)

    ReplyDelete