Friday, October 21, 2011

MIM #37 and a gift.

settle in - this is a picture-heavy post :)


This week's MIM challenge is to layer mats and create frames with different die-cuts.  This cute onesie tag was layered with a mat stack 4 shape.  Into the mat stack 4 shape, I die-cut the car from "enjoy the ride" before stamping its coordinating image into the opening.  The sentiment is from lawn fawn's "admit one."

The gift tag fits onto a homemade drawstring bag:


 I sewed it from scratch (a woman of many talents, I keep telling y'all... hee hee) and I ironed-on the stamped car to coordinate with the tag (I ironed some scrap fabric onto fusible webbing, die cut the car shape, stamped the car outline onto it with memento black ink and the colored part with a blue pigment ink.  The whole thing got ironed to the front of the bag.)

I made the bag from a tutorial found here.  I'm a complete beginner sewer, but I love how I can use my papercraft supplies in coordination with my fabric stash - so fun!

In case you're in complete awe, and you can't believe I made the bag from scratch, here's a close-up of the wonky stitching:


but look at that nice bottom (ha!):


In any case, I can't wait to go see my friend and give her the goodies inside and hold her sweet little boy for the first time.  Wanna sneak peek? (Kimmy, if you're reading this, now's the time to look away...)



First up, the card set from this post:


and who doesn't love some itty bitty clothing? Pinstripe pants on a newborn?  Yes, please!


That's all for now - have a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. O_O Seriously, I'm so jealous of the recipient. That is the most heartfelt, amazing gift - how could you not feel uniquely loved? (Gawd, I sound like *that* guy.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really good that you give a gift card very impressive look.
    plastic discount card
    PVC cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great job you did an what an awesome gift! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift. I'm sure she will love it. As a complete non-sewer, I am most impressed with the bag! But, that tag is pretty awesome, too. I remember that card set from before. All together, a package of love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is such a great emsemble! One of my favourite stamps and dies. You take on the frame challenge is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable post! Very cute work and I'm sure the gifts will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great baby gift. that stitching to me doesn't look "wonky". Your friend is going to love it. I'm sure her little guy is going to look so dapper in those pinstripe pants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so precious! You should go into business! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elena - this ia A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

    ...and SO being cased by me !! Thank you for such great inspiration !!

    Margaret C

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice projects! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lucky friend you have! I know she will be delighted to get this gift! Adorable and clever design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable items you made , the card is so cute and thinking outside the box. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a sweet gift set. I absolutely love the bag, it's so cute and I like the car stamped on the front. I love the colors, too. Great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I DO LOVE IT! and seeing as how I had a new born and totally missed the post, I am glad you spilt the beans so I can get a sneak peak. And you know me better then to look away :)

    So talented my dear friend, so talented!

    Lots of love! From me and Layth!

    ReplyDelete