Wednesday, October 19, 2011

think pink.

The new lawnscaping challenge is paper-piecing!


My daughter and I sat down to read "Pinkalicious" yesterday evening, and I think I still had pink on the brain when I made this:


Paper-pieced-pink-pigs... *history lesson: when we were really young, my sister swore up and down she wanted to be a pink pig when she grew up... they are so cute when they're little!*

I stamped the pig from lawn fawn's "critters on the farm" onto various patterned papers and cut them out and mounted them with foam squares.

I created a focal point of pigs (!) by stacking them onto a strip of white cardstock and tucking half of a decorative label shape on either end.



I glued that to a white mat, which I'd stamped with "schoolhouse backdrops" - also in pink, naturally!

The sentiment was created with "smitty's abcs".


Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. Elena, I'm tickled pink at this card! I love it. Love the stacked patterned pigs, the background Wonderful layout! Love this...... Thanks so much for playing along with us Lawnscaping gals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pink with envy, this so so cute!
    I'm a beginner sewer as well. I just got a sewing maching for my paper projects, but can't resist pretty fabrics. I actually made my daughters Halloween costume, which is a Betty Boop dress and it looks great. I think so anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love this. What is cuter than a pink pig? Well, I can't think of anything. Such cute patterns you selected as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.....this is so cuteeeee...the pigs so adorable, genius design LOVE it!!! Thank u for playing with Lawnscaping again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elena, this is wonderful! EEK! I adore the patterned piggies...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so cute! I just love that piggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card, Elena! I love that stack of pink paper pieced pigs! (I love alliterations, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh! Those pink pigs are TOO CUTE!!!
    I love how you stacked them on top of each other. How fun and adorable. I'm so glad you joined the Lawnscaping Challenge! Your paper piecing looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. too cute!! love those piggies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so stinkin' cute! And I love the story behind it. GREAT JOB with this challenge! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete