Monday, June 27, 2011

CAS-ual Friday... gettin' edgy wit it!

It's that time again - CAS-ual Fridays challenge time!


My oldest kidlet just finished her kindergarten year - and their class celebrated in style!  THIRTEEN french songs performed (we live in a french-speaking province, for all you non-Canadians reading this blog!) and I couldn't believe that she mouthed every single word.  In September she knew under 20 french words and now... she is basically schooling my husband - ha ha!

Her teacher deserved a pretty card for all her hard work.  Enter this week's "getting edgy" challenge.

I cut some yummy melon berry felt with my largest scalloped border die, x2. Then I took some twill ribbon and pleated it as it went through the sewing machine.  I stamped "merci" (from PTI's think big favorites #3) and then stamped the floral fusion image so it would nestle into the curve of the sentiment.  To hide the stitches, the panel is adhered onto a white card base.  I like the white-on-white... very chic!

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. I like how you overlaid the sentiment on top of the flower. And, of course, the felt scallops look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful edging!
    Beautiful card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, so creative and you are right, so Chic! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Love that pleated twill with the felt scallops - delicious!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Fabulous! Such yummy texture from that scalloped felt-you really nailed it :) Thank you for submitting your adorable card to CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW, breathtaking!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those felt scallops are so pretty! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That melon berry felt is indeed yummy. I love it and love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw that his card won the CAS challenge. Congratulations. I knew it was a fab card! Great for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Card! Congrats on your well deserved win at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete