Wednesday, June 29, 2011

summer camp!


From the time I was 8 years old to about 16 or 17, I went to the same summer camp every year - and it was easily the best part of the summer!  This summer I've joined an online summer card camp - and so far I'm loving it too!

This week's color combo is so bright and lush - full of summer fun!


I took Kristina's day 1 hint of going through my crafting supplies and scouting around for what would work with the color challenge.  I pulled out some pretty papers from my humongous scrap pile (it really is huge) and pulled inspiration from them - especially the blue strip.  I immediately thought of the "large than life" florals as a good match.  Can you see I added some shine to the die-cut pieces?  After I stamped them in versamark ink, I dabbed on some shimmer.  

To break up all the bright color, I tore into the hot-pink paper at the top, and added a strip of white cardstock (stamped with "text-style II" in memento black ink) to the bottom.  A few snips later, and voila! a fun little fringe.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. awesome job with the colors and the touches of texture at the top and bottom really makes it all pop! one great thing about camp is meeting new people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. Love the die cuts pieces as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning...love it!
    And hello from a Summer Card Camp Classmate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layers especially the torn piece. And the bunch of Larger than Life diecuts is so beautiful. Beautiful card, Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the texture you used. The flower die is lovely. A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS! The colors all work together so beautifully and are so well balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the extra little "umph" on the die cut flowers! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your card is just beautiful , love the colors too. Thanks for sharing some of the summer camp with those of use who did not join.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO PRETTY....... great job with the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. Camp seems so fun. Love how the larger than life flower dies mimic the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete