Tuesday, June 7, 2011

you're a star!

My 2 oldest kids (ages 4 and 6) are at that perfect age that if you do something for one of them, you'd better have something ready for the other as well, or else... hee hee.

I had to make Sofia a "guitar" for her end-of-year-show.  I mean, it wasn't anything amazing - a spray-painted cereal box (pink, naturally), the core from a wrapping-paper roll, and some yarn for strings.  But she was thrilled, and Thomas was crestfallen.  He's been begging me to make him one, "but not pink, ok?" -  I'm eating as many mini-wheats as I can to empty out that box...

So, after I created a card for Sofia's upcoming kindergarten graduation (I love that it's a whole thing), I figured I'd better make one for Thomas too.  For no good reason, other than maybe that he sat still during her graduation ceremony (fingers crossed that this will happen.)

I'm entering this one into the Lawnscaping challenge:



I kept it super simple, since he's only 4 *wink*  I think he'll be pretty happy that he can read the card for himself.  He'll either guess that it says "you're a star" or "you're a winner" - I'm giving him points either way. 

Thanks for looking! 

7 comments:

  1. This card is so cute. I'm sure even a 4 year old would understand that he got this card because he was a very good boy. Great choice of colors. And, I hate to break it to you, but needing to give both kids something never goes away when they are that close in age---at least it hasn't for mine who are 11 and 13! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is so sweet! I like it. I have a 5 year old and I think this would be a perfect card idea for him. Perfect card for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. In case you didn't know it, you have word verification turned on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ur is just to cute, op another set I'll need to buy. Isn't Lawscaping great? I have enjoyed your blog as well. Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a good mom, thinking ahead like this! The card looks to be just right for your little boy =) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I love how simple it is, yet so nicely detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous use of Admit One...the tickets in the background just make me smile!! The stitching on the side is a perfect little touch as well!!

    ReplyDelete