Friday, June 24, 2011

Congrats on your graduation!


I was asked to make a few graduation cards... this one's for a high-school girl.  I'm thinking this teenage girl (who's apparently more "grown-up" than I am... word-for-word, that's what I was told by my friend... ha!) will appreciate the quirkiness of these little russian dolls :)  Wouldn't this card also be perfect for a congratulations to a newly-pregnant friend?  hee hee.

The main images are from a retired SU set, "my matryoshka".  I first inked up the dolls in fresh snow ink and repeatedly stamped them to cover my kraft card base.  Then, I die-cut a few xl ric-rac strips in brown felt (it needed the bulk of a few strips, I thought!)  For my focal point, PTI's mat-stack 4 set provided the perfect opening for my sentiment, and left a spot for my main gal...

It's a simple card, but I love it!  


3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the way you used the matryoshka! It's genius with that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. It's such a cool take on graduation.

    ReplyDelete