Friday, June 10, 2011

MIM #18


This super 3-D card is NOT going in any envelope - let's put it that way.  I'm not sure where I was going with that pom-pom, but I'm not feeling well today and it looked cozy, so there.  I'm entering this one into PTI's MIM challenge:  "adding texture with tissue paper".  On my white mat, I stamped an image from "turning a new leaf" in different directions in old olive ink.  I then painted a thin layer of white glue onto it, and carefully-but-not-too-carefully placed a layer of white tissue paper on top (you know, the kind you use as filler in gift-bags...)  It  made a really cool texture!

It also really sudbued the color of the old olive ink!  You'd hardly be able to tell that the embossed leaf on top was die-cut using the matching old olive paper...

The pom-pom is so easy to make!  There are so many tutorials out there, but this is a quick run-down of what I did.  I wrapped and wrapped yarn around my index and middle fingers (bunch more fingers together, get a bigger pom) - until the whole thing was nice and thick.  Then, I tied it in the middle (so now it looks like a figure 8, with a nice belt in the middle).  I cut all of the loops with scissors - and the more you trim the pom, the better it looks.  Actually, I can still see spots where it needs more of a haircut... but pretty cute!


The brown layer is a chocolate chip mat stack 5, with a kraft scallop circle on top.  Does the pom look a little like the center of a flower to you?  A very funky flower?  Good.  We're on the same page.

Have a super weekend, peeps!

7 comments:

  1. GAH! O_O

    I haven't even read this because I saw the pictures in my Google Reader and tried to eat them. O_O

    LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely thought of a flower... it's super cute! Who needs an envelope? We both know that mine rarely will fit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card. The pom pom is to die for. Really like how you used the turning a new leaf die in different ways on the same card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you made the patterned paper with the TANL stamps-- I'll have to try that! I also love all the texture you have going on here-- wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look cozy! What a fun card and what a great job you've done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of the Turning a New Leaf..gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete