Tuesday, June 21, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays, color block


Yep, this one really puts the CAS in CAS-ual Fridays.  Here's this week's challenge:



Super simple.  I used PTI's "take 3" die to cut both the white frame as well as the color blocks.  I then stamped each different colored block in versamark with different images from "background basics: hearts".

The flower was made up of torn pages from an old book (I can hear Bethany gasping right now, at the thought of a book being torn apart... don't worry - not a literary classic or anything...) The pages were die-cut with beautiful blooms II and then frumped-up.  I'm pretty sure "frumped-up" is an appropriate crafty term... An SU corduroy brad adds some texture, as do the felt leaves.


Thanks for visiting!  Have a great day.

7 comments:

  1. What an adorable flower! Love fun colors you've used in your blocks and such a great design! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. I have every supply you used, and never would have come up with such a creative card. I may try this one at home....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the trio of color blocks and that flower is uber sweet :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card. Saving in my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw...I can say that about your card--SWEET! I love the text flower and your use of color block is perfect for the design! I'm so glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love each of those unique and fun squares. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LURVE. Excellent colour palette, lady! And from scratch, no less. (Sometimes, those are the best.)

    ReplyDelete