Thursday, June 30, 2011

window card, camp-style


I'm taking another stab at the camp colors of the week and making a window card. Jennifer shared some tips & tricks for creating a window card with our steel dies.  So fun!

I used my mat stack 5 die to cut into my card front, and created a frame for it using SU's peach parfait card-stock.  The clouds and kites are from PTI's up up & away set, and the sentiment from think big favorites. I'm loving this card!  The summery colors and the acetate window are so fun!


Here's a close-up so you can see the "floating" greeting. I used part of the clear box that PTI stamps come in and stamped on it with staz-on ink (the acetate is slippery so staz-on is necessary!).

Hope you like it!

7 comments:

  1. A window card! That is a great idea! I never would have thought. I like the whole idea of looking out the window into the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the window card. Your background is fantastic - love the clouds and the kites flying over the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena, this card is wonderful! I love how you incorporated the colors from the weekly combo. I need to go buy some StazOn so I can give this a shot...perhaps this weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool as..! Love the layered kite juxtaposed with the stamped one. So fabulous! I am working up the nerve to try a window. Might have found the inspiration here with your fantastic card! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever is this? Love that window amongst the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wish I had some "regular" metal dies lol This looks fab, love how you did your window with the kites :)

    ReplyDelete