Thursday, July 28, 2011

Baby on board!

One of my besties is having her 4th baby in October (yes, she is a very brave woman...) and I wanted to make her a special set of baby thank you cards.


I was inspired by Betsy's post on re-organizing her paper stash, and using up the scraps.  I covered a sheet of white cardstock with different-sized strips of patterned paper and chopped each 8.5x11inch paper into 4 mats.  So quick and easy!

The main image is from PTI's "enjoy the ride."  I die-cut the car shape, and stamped it with the car-outline.  I then inked up the filler stamp in baja breeze ink and "kissed" it to a grid-lines stamp inked up in walnut stain distress ink before stamping it onto the car outline.  Gives it a fun texture, doesn't it?

The car is popped up on foam squares and nestled onto a mat stack 1 shape (stamped with a coordinating image.)  The "thank you" on the banner is from a floral fusion set.

Each card is just slightly different - because of the patterned backgrounds - but I love them all lined up!


Thanks for looking!





7 comments:

  1. These cards are lovely. Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic. Love the kissing of the grid. The brown and blue is perfect, I am sure your friend will love them.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab! Love the concept of using scraps to make cards. This looks wonderful. The colors are so alluring. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that they're all slightly different. Makes it even more of a fun gift for this brave mama or any other recipient of a boxed set of multiple note/thank-you cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SWEET merciful heavens, I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so great, Elena! I'm going to have to remember this the next time I make a set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card! Your scraps came together so well.

    ReplyDelete