Monday, July 11, 2011

stamp it!

Is it Monday already?

In my neck of the woods, we enjoyed 2 long weekends in a row, which completely spoiled me... I might have to stay in my sweats (cute hot pink ones from Old Navy, at least!)... you know, in protest of the fact that today is a real day...

One thing that does make my morning better... the Moxie Fab World: Stamp it! challenge.  I mean, what's not to love about a stamped card?

enjoy the ride!

I borrowed lawn fawn's "say cheese" set from a crafty friend, and had to put it to use!  This card is all about masking, and layering images.  I first created a mask of the polaroid frame to be able to stamp the ferris wheel inside (from "admit one").  Next, I created masked for the ferris wheel and clouds (from PTI's up up and away) and lightly sponged a blue sky.  I also stamped the Hero Arts envelope pattern background overtop (my favorite thing to do lately).  I colored in the ferris wheel with copics, but simply (no shading at all).

The tickets were stamped onto white card-stock and stamped with the same Hero Arts background.  Every layer was then distressed with antique linen distress ink.  Even the patterned paper mat, which was first stamped with the ticket image.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. This is brilliant, love the vingette on the photo. Great idea to use a paperclip for the tickets
    :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! I love the dimension that you
    created with the layers of stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using that ticket as a background. The coloring in that polaroid is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Elena! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp It! Cards Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete