Monday, July 18, 2011

papertrey princess challenge

I'm a papertrey princess!  They had an opening in their group, and I asked if I could join - so happy they said yes!  (ever since being dubbed a papertrey princess, I've had to stop myself from humming "I feel pretty, oh so pretty..." ha!)

Diane's challenge was to make a card using only the outline of flowers.  No problem.  I'm not a great color-er... (although my Sofia thinks I'm fabulous just for staying inside the lines) and this saves me the trouble of all the fussy-cutting I usually do to paper-piece my florals.

I hope I'm not bending the rules by offering up this card:


I used YOTF: marigolds (the only one I own...).  Before stamping the outline in memento black ink, I flipped the stamp over and created blotches of yellow, red, and blue using the "wrong side" of the stamp.  The "hello friend" sentiment and a little rhinestone finished off my bright & fun card.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! How clever to use the back of the stamp to "colour in" the flowers! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete