Tuesday, July 26, 2011

rub on the CAS


The challenge over at CAS-ual fridays is to create a project incorporating a rub-on or sticker.  I used rub-ons a lot when I first got into card-making - they're quick and easy, and no inky fingers!  But, I have to admit that the more I fell in love with stamping, the less I used my stash 'o stickers...

I dug up an old sheet of SU rub-ons - who knew it would be a clue into the future: the little owl became a punch and part of a stamp set later on :)

 I started out with a white cardstock base and stamped that with my large SU polka dot background.  On the kraft mat, I stamped "look who's turning" from PTI's "big birthday wishes" and found a jar die-cut in my scrap pile and rubbed-on the group of numbers inside.  I also rubbed-on the owl (and I had to rub a little flower onto her ear  - she was so old that a bit of her was missing!)  The arrow pointed right to the 2 makes it a cute little birthday card for a toddler!

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. Perfect for the challenge, Elena! Such an adorable card, and those embossed scallops are to die for! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I almost used these rub-ons for this challenge too! The numbers worked out perfect in that jar, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! I love the color combo in this against kraft card stock!! This is such a smile maker!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek! So cute! I love how you placed that arrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love how you've used rub-ons. So glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is too cute! I have those rub-ons, I must did them out, you've inspired me! Love the color combo and that textured scallop border :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol I meant *dig* them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute. Love the owl with the flower on her ear.

    ReplyDelete