Monday, July 4, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays... the kraftman.

Um, in case you didn't notice the badge on the right side of my blog... I won last week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge - what a thrill!  (The self-promotion portion of this blog entry is now at an end...)  

This week's challenge is for a manly project, using kraft paper:


I'm thinking this one is at the busier end of CAS, but I still think it fits!  Oh, and fyi:  I l-o-v-e kraft cardstock.  I would use it on every single project if I could...


I started with PTI's out of this world - first stamped the trio of stars onto a circle of black card-stock, and then fussy-cut my rocket image and popped it on top.  I stuck the whole thing down onto my kraft base, which was stamped with a lawn fawn background (from schoolhouse backdrops).  Then things started to go downhill (crafting when over-tired is not the way to go for me...)  I had to add the red strip on the bottom to hide a black smudge.  And the stitching on the side on the greeting?  Let's just say my stapler made some unsightly holes that needed covering up.  (I feel bad for that stapler - got a good yelling-at...) But even though it's not what I'd planned, I really like those elements now!  

Happy fourth of July to everyone south of the border!

10 comments:

  1. Love the stitching; love the border at the bottom (needed, actually). How's your stapler today? Better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, love the black starry circle on the kraft. I agree with you the red strip and stitching look fab :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute! I love the star circle. May have to case it.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card!!! love the color combo and the details...Congrats on your win last week!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your card is fantastic and all the oopsies look absolutely perfect! Congrats on your win last week, your card was a beauty and so well deserved. Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. again....AWESOME! I love the starry circle behind the rocket. Perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stars on black look awesome, especially with the BG on the bottom. Love this. What a perfect entry into this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge!
    Oh and toot away my dear, your win last week was well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!! So many awesome elements! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhhh this is awesome!!! LOVE it. :)
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elena, I think this card is perfection!! I love everything about it:)

    ReplyDelete