Tuesday, July 12, 2011

jar-o-love

New camp week, new colors!


Vanilla, browns, and red!  I'm in my element with this one!


I actually had a clear plan for that jar and the sentiment - and was able to create this card while my older kids were doing some crafting of their own.  Sofia even made her own jar of love, but you know hers is full of glitter.  My craft table is full of glitter.  The floor is covered in glitter.  But she had fun, so I digress...

I stamped the jar and the hearts (from PTI's friendship jar and spring fillers sets) onto SU's very vanilla and colored in the hearts with copics.  The jar lid was silver-heat-embossed.  After the kraft layer was stamped with PTI's woodgrain background, I ran it through my Big Shot and cut a 2.5inch circle right into it.  On my vintage cream layer (beneath it), I stamped lines from lawn fawn's schoolhouse backdrops and created my custom sentiment using smitty's abcs.  The frame around the sentiment was created by die-cutting the pinking-edged circle (from PTI's limitless layers, 2.5in collection) and then punching a 2.5in circle in the middle.  Fun!


The whole thing was then mounted on an early espresso base (SU!), which had also been stamped with schoolhouse backdrops (the ledger image).

Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

  1. This is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome job with the colors this week! I was going to use the same set of friendship jar stamps, but I could pull it off....glad I didn't! fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this card. What a great idea. So glad so many creative people are in this class. I'm getting a lot of wonderful ideas to "steal".

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable!!! Love everything about your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great card. I love these colors together.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh! This is super fab! I love how you worked the colour scheme. LOVE the silver embossed lid. :)

    I am so behind on this class, someday I'll catch up.

    I hope you are having a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute Elena! Your jar of hearts puts a big smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Love how you incorporated the colors. Makes a nice card to give to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS! Love this. Will have to take a look at this stamp at PTI.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute love the hearts with the wood grain I don’t think I would have guessed how well it goes . It Does Love it TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is so sweet! I love the woodgrain background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fabulous! How very clever to put all of these sets together to make such a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very cool card. I have the jar set, will have to lift your idea with the wood grain behind as it's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very sweet! Great idea for the images/sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. "LOVE" your card! It's so warm and inviting. Really expresses love!

    ReplyDelete