Tuesday, July 19, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays & cotton candy...


Is it normal that looking at a gallery of cards is making me hungry?  I decided it was time to check out this week's CAS-Fridays challenge, and I scanned the cards already up for the challenge: popsicles, lollipops, and cake - oh my!

So... what's a gal to do?  As I crafted my card, I slipped some cookies into the oven... my friend/baker extraordinaire taught me to always freeze a batch of cookies so I can pull out a few at a time, whenever I needed them.  (I think she meant when I have company over, but I do need them right now...)


I started out with a kraft base, and stamped a few rows of cotton candy (from Lawn Fawn's "admit one").  The ticket image was stamped 4x in a row and cut out as a whole.  The tiny heart in the center of each ticket is from Paper Smooches' "vegtastic" set.  I love how quirky it is!  I stamped another cotton candy image on a separate sheet of white cardstock and copic-colored it in before snipping it out.  The "you're sweet" sentiment is also from "admit one" - I inked each word separately so that the words could be side-by-side instead of on top of each other (as they're originally intended to be).


I gave the main cotton candy a little swirl with a 2-way glue pen and then sprinkled some glitter over-top.  Yummy.

Thanks for looking!  My cookies are smelling heavenly - wish I could share some!

8 comments:

  1. Yep! This is awesome! I love those sparkles, so yummy. And I love that row of tickets behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the addition of the heart to each ticket! And who can resist the glittery cotton candy?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and the wispy dry brushing is perfect for the cotton candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ice cream looks yummy enough to eat! I love th sprakles and how you packed a punch with such a simple style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Super cute and love the bit of sparkle! Also love that you baked cookies first ;D Glad you played along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS!!! Love the dry brushing on your card - the perfect touch to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely!!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete