Tuesday, July 19, 2011

card class - week 4!

I'm pretty sure this is going to be like all the summer camps I ever attended, where everyone is standing around crying at the end because we all had such a great time... I can't believe it's almost over!


Isn't that a great color combo?  Very watery... or... like upholstery!


As soon as I saw this week's colors, I had a mental image of this scrapbook paper that I knew was in my stash.  It is so old that I have no idea who makes it, but it has the green and teal that I was looking for.

I built my scene (using "on my couch" and the additions set from PTI) and paper-pieced the couch and lampshade with the same patterned paper.  Adding bits like the painting and the mug on the side table made it easy to incorporate the rest of the colors.

Thanks for looking!


12 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopped by to say I love your card, that patterned paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty "room"! Great stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful choice for the color combo - nice to see something other than flowers and oceans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is adorable! I love it! I've never really noticed this PTI set before, but I love how you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Instantly drawn to this. Love your take on the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful scene! Love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a beautiful card! The colours are so perfect! I just love the scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I love how you used the same patterned paper to surround the focal image as your "upholstrey"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is gorgeous! I love the little scene you created, the paper piecing, stitching and touch of kraft w/ the color combo!

    ReplyDelete