Tuesday, July 5, 2011

card camp, from miss 6.

I think this is the first time I've ever posted twice in the same day.  That's cuz my little Sofia, in all her 6 year old sweetness, wanted to get her craft on... I may have mentioned that the online card class now had a special gallery set aside for just the kids... and might have shown her the prizes... ha ha.


She had a few ideas before we started: glitter & butterflies.  And, according to the colors of the week, yellow, orange and red ones. How would you like to add the green in, Sofia?  "oh, like how you do it sometimes, with some grass at the bottom."  The cuteness is always on overload when we craft together.

Not bad, huh?  I'm super proud of her!  She fringed her own grass, punched her own butterflies, stamped her own butterfly bodies, 2-way glued her glitter onto the butterflies and helped me die-cut the smaller ones.  I actually think her layout is pretty cute, too.  She glued it all down herself... And did you notice the butterfly layering?  This kid is on her way.  

So, about the greeting.  I asked if she'd like to stamp some words on the front, like "happy birthday" or "thanks" or "you make me smile".  

Her response:  "do you have something that says I love you, because I'm keeping this card for myself."  HA!  Self-love is not a problem with this one, evidently... 

I looked through my stash and gave her a few more choices.  She ended up picking "sweet" from PTI's friendship jar set.  She inked it up in memento black ink and, right before stamping, exclaimed:  "oh, I really like this one - I can see what I'm doing!"  hahaha!  I think it was the first time she used my clear stamps.  Up until now, she's been sticking to her box of Michael's stuff - all red rubber.  I hope this doesn't mean she'll want to upgrade regularly...


Thanks for looking - if you have any sweet comments for my baby girl, I'll be sure to pass them along...

11 comments:

  1. super cute!! i wish my daughter would be into stamping more, but my Son (who is 4) loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should put it on eBay so I can bid on it. In a few years it will be worth a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet card. I didn't realize it was your daughter until I read your post. She has a great future as a card maker. Hallmark--beware!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the butterflies and the glitter! That's a great stamper you have there... she even appreciates good supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally takes after her momma! Gorgeous. I love all of the glitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Let's make some more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is adorable! She did a great job! My six year old likes to craft, too. In fact, she just asked me if we could "do some scrapbooking" together today-- I told her that I think that could be arranged.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! Sofia is super talented! I love all the glitter on the butterfies and the gorgeous grass! Perfect take on the colour combo! Looks like a winner indeed!

    ReplyDelete