Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Card camp - week 2!

New colors, new card!


I honestly didn't know what to do with this batch when I started.  I mean - 2 different greens?  Yellow, orange AND red?  Huh.  Florals would work, but then...


these little sweeties were just lying around... begging me to ink them up again... I stamped them on different scraps of scrapbook papers in the red, orange and yellow colors and used 2 different green-colored markers to color the leaves.  I knew I wanted to cram as many birdies as I could on the branches, so some of them got longer legs - cute, huh? hee hee.


Then I went a little crazy on the sewing machine and made a whimsical border for the notebook page.  The rest of the card I kept pretty simple - an xl embossed scallop border, and a musical background for my base layer - to bring back the sunshine-y yellow that I love so much!

Thanks for looking!

supplies
stamps: little bitty bird (PTI), music wheel (SU!)
ink: memento black, daffodil delight (SU!), pear pizzazz marker, garden green marker (both SU!)
paper: whisper white, real red, crumb cake (all SU!)
other: scallop border, notebook page die (both PTI), embossing folder (SU!)

18 comments:

  1. Really like this - particularly love the stitching. I must try that - I'm always sewing in absolute straight lines, could try being a bit "free-er"! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I love all the birdies, Elena! So cute :) The stitching is super cool. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cute and sweet! Little Bitty Bird is one of my under-loved sets. I need to get it out more often! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love birdie cards, this is so cute. The stitching really stands out, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is precious! I love, love, love it! And the stitching is *great* - it really highlights the focal point of the card in a fun, whimsical way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flowers were the obvious choice..............but this is SO much more interesting and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. TOO DARN CUTE~~ The birdies are just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Fab idea to make the birdies out of patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is simply adorable! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! Jaw-on-floor!
    I love the paper piecing on the birdies and that black stitched frame finishes it off so perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun!! And congrats on the spotlight shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute and i love the design. Congrats on being featured at the summer card camp today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see why this cutie of a card was picked. So awesome! I just adore those birdies! Gingham ones?! Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. THE cutest card! Love the birds and the papers you have used for them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those little birds are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely adore this card for Summer Camp! Love your paper pieced birds and the whisical border you sewed! Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun card! The stitching really adds a great detail. Congrats on the Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete