Tuesday, July 26, 2011

there's no place like home...

Are you clicking your glittery red shoes together?

This week's MIM challenge was to paint with white ink.  I stamped the house from "boards and beams" onto craft paper, and colored the roof, door, and shutters before taking an aquapainter (a paintbrush with water built into the barrel) and painting the main part of the house white.

If you look closely, can you see that I masked all the windows and stamped a woodgrain pattern over the white ink?  I really did!  It's so faint in the picture...


I also did a bit of layering with the clouds, stamping the notebook lines from "it's official" on top of the white clouds.  I like the subtle texture it gives!  My sentiment was stamped into a label basic shape and stapled to the side.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Elena, this is really terrific! I love all the care you took with the white painting, and the little details like the woodgrain and the notebook lines! I need to make a "new home" type card soon, and your is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Makes me want to drag that set out.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! That house looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun card! Love the grass, and how you framed the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about super dooper! Fantastic card. I appreciate all the love and skill you put into this beauty. That house is just amazing! Don't have this set, but may no longer need an excuse to get it after seeing this card. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a perfect image for the challenge and I really like that button!!!

    ReplyDelete