Friday, July 22, 2011

Bridal shower+PTI princess challenge


My sweet cousin, Julie, is having her bridal shower this weekend!  We're all really happy for her (mostly, that my grandmother can stop asking her when she's getting married... but I'm pretty sure as soon as the ceremony is over they'll have to deal with questions regarding when they're planning on having kids - ha!)

I used the special occasion as an excuse to do a little emboss-resist with PTI's "scattered showers".  I first inked up the umbrella in versamark ink, then white-embossed the image.  Overtop, I layered the Hero Arts Envelope background stamp and sponged bashful blue ink.  The white-embossed image "resists" the blue ink - love that!  My hot pink rosette was made using the MFT mini-rolled-rosette die (I had a question yesterday about how I made the felt rosette - same die!)


I don't know if you can see, but I sprayed the heck out of the card (except the rosette) with a homemade glimmer mist.  It really shines in real life!

I'm also using this card for the new PTI princess challenge - that was some great timing, Leah!

Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is beautiful. The stitching and the glimmer are icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love this card! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooo pretty! I love the stitching and that gorgeous white embossed umbrella.

    I hope the shower went well! Sometimes with family the questions never end eh? getting married, baby, baby#2 etc.

    ReplyDelete