Wednesday, July 6, 2011

my double-whammy.



Yesterday, I posted 2x in one day.  A first for me.  Today, another crafty first: combining 2 challenges into 1 card... I think I'm finally getting the hang of all this :)

I'm entering this one into:


AND


So, without further ado...

hooray for you, outside


I used lawn fawn's "bannerific" set, stamped on white card-stock with memento black ink.  I then lined up my SU ink pads (kiwi kiss, garden green, tangerine tango, real red, and daffodil delight) and stamped them with various patterned stamps.  I went over all of them with some distress ink to mute the bold colors a bit, and then fussy-cut them out.  The sentiment is from PTI's "wonderful words additions" and the continuation is found on the inside, so I could play along with the lawnscaping challenge:

hooray for you, inside

hooray for YOU!  I stamped the letters from "quinn's abcs" onto some "schoolhouse backdrops" notebook lines.  I kept everything pretty plain - since the star of this show is still that colorful banner!

Thanks for looking!


stamps used: (from PTI): woodgrain, gingham, newsprint backgrounds, wonderful words additions(from SU): charming, dot, dot, dot, (from lawn fawn): bannerific, quinn's abcs, schoolhouse backdrops.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this, Elena! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see the inside with a picture of the recipient. Preferably one of your children. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that bunting, fab card :0
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow this is really kewl, luv the sentiments and bunting...
    Don't forget to add this to our linking party this week.
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/weekly-talent-search-with-linking-party.html
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! Love the colorful banners =) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really rocking at these cards! I love it! Love those banners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I love this. I love the banner and totally thought that was patterned paper until I read your blog description. Wow. I can't believe you stamped each of those... Amazing...... LOVE YOUR CARD and take on the challenge! Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete