Saturday, July 23, 2011

stamp-a-faire challenges 1, 3, 5, 8

I've just gotten home from a beautiful day outdoors - getting blistery red while my half-indian kids roasted themselves a beautiful tan color...

I thought I would see what I could whip up for the challenges - I've combined a few of them!

challenge 1: Create a project featuring patterned strips that are created with some of your favorite decorative elements.
challenge 3: Punch a window from you card cover and tie ribbon or twine from the window to the side of your card.
challenge 5: Your challenge is to take a solid shape, just like she did, and create your own custom "faux" border!
challenge 8: Create a card with an front cover that is cut back by an inch or so.  The extra lip invites you to add a sentiment, a strip of patterned paper, a bit of glitter, just so many opportunities!


And here's the card:




My cute little monkey of a nephew will be getting this card very soon!  There is a lot going on here, but I hope that a 3-year-old won't mind!  The border around the white mat was made by using a button stamp from button boutique.  I'm hoping the rest is pretty self-explanatory!




and, the inside:



Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. This is TOO CUTE!! I LOVE how you used that little monkey stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with combining the challenges! (I wasn't sure if we were allowed to do this or not, but I love combining challenges, too!) This card is absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little monkeys (monkies ^^) in the window!!! So CUTE! I like how you have bundled up the challenges hehe, fab job! I think your nephew will like this simply because it is so fun and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great cute card..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love! This is SO cute! Just perfect for a little boy card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so stinkin' cute!!! I love the cutout and the monkeys. Very very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is fabulous! I love the 3 little monkeys peeking out from the inside! So cute. I also love that "splotchy" pattern on the 3. Is that a paper or misting?

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS!!! So super cute and creative! Sad it was a random draw - your card would def. have been a winner!

    ReplyDelete