Wednesday, July 20, 2011

birds of a feather...

The challenge over at the lawnscaping blog:


I don't have any of the critter sets from lawn fawn, but what I do have, is "bannerific"... which I used to create a little scene I like to call: birds on a wire.

  

I started out with a piece of white cardstock and layered stormy sky, antique linen, and walnut stain distress inks to make up my cloudy blue sky.  Then, I took a stamp from lawn fawn's "schoolhouse backdrops" set (the long skinny line) and stamped it 3x in fresh snow ink - that's my wire!  The cute birdies from bannerific grew legs - doesn't it look like they just all came and perched together?  I used smitty's abcs to form the sentiment.

I hope you liked my scene!  

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love this. I love that you took the line from Schoolhouse Backdrop for the wires. VERY CLEVER! Love the background you created with the distress inks! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it so cute and clever.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, now this is a clever and creative card! What a spectacular design and the birds look so cute with legs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun sentiment! TFS =)

    ReplyDelete